Thursday, May 29, 2008

fun at the scrapyard

Yesterday and today I've been spending time at a scrap yard here in phoenix. Why would I be spending time there? Let me tell you. We are scrapping out a lot of excess wheel inventory and I'm the lucky one that gets to make all the trips back and forth from our place to the scrap yard. If you've never been to a scrap yard...good for you. There are some interesting folk there. After dropping off all of my scrap wheels I had to go inside an office to collect my money. The line was forever long and full of stinky, dirty men. Normally I do not receive smiles from random men but apparently at the scrap yard I'm something to smile at. So I'm standing there and the literal crackhead behind me is very much in my personal space. I try doing some body language get away from me moves, but he is clearly not catching on. So I start texting my Matthew so as to avoid an awkward conversation with the fine young fellow standing right on my heels when I notice him trying to read what I'm writing. I'm not OK with this. I turn around, careful not to accidentally brush my face with his. He just looked at me and gave me a big three toothed smile. Perfect ending.

4 comments:

Wendy Solorzano said...

oh sister! That is sweet.

wendy said...

ohhhh, you described that so well I felt like I was right there with you! But thankfully I was not.

Anonymous said...

betcha u smiled back huh

Anonymous said...

"Normally I do not receive smiles from random men"

??? ha! yeah right! You must be oblivious.